Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blast and Wretch

"Don't say 'Blast and wretch', OH BLAST AND WRETCH!" -- Amy, Little Women

It may not be a perfectly accurate quote, but when I think about it, it always makes me laugh. I needed something to laugh at when I realized that my started over project had major hiccups in two of the four raglan increases. They are at least one stitch off, and I don't know why I didn't see it until today. Probably because I've been doing the semi-conscious knitting thing, and mostly at night.

So, instead of looking like this:


They look like this:


and this:


BLAST AND WRETCH!

My other project is trucking along rather nicely, in spite of the yarn being a bit... temperamental.


I'm still not used to using yarn with elastic in it, so it sorta bunches up unless I watch myself and let go of the yarn every two or three stitches. And, as you see, it separates very easily. I'm doing both knee wrap barrier things at the same time on one insanely long bamboo circular needle. (my favorite kind) So at least they look decent.


In school news, my internship is off to a great start, I really enjoy it and am past all my nervousness. I've completed 14 of my 52 hours. PLUS I take the MBLEx on Saturday, so stay tuned for the results of that. I'll probably post it immediately after getting home. I'm really excited to get it done.

Now I'm off to give my sister a well deserved massage - treat yourself to one too! =)

No comments: