Thursday, August 2, 2007

Curses! Frogged Again.

It had to be done, I also frogged the scarf in progress because I can't find the same yarn anywhere, not even on Ebay. My plan is to start it again on a much thinner scale and see how far I can stretch it.

In the meantime, since I didn't feel like starting the scarf yet, I cast on another sock. I had to let the other yarn rest a bit before I do something else with it. The current sock is... well, I'm not sure how I like the pooling it's doing. I'd really like the brown to be more spread out. I think I'm using a size 2 circ and it would probably be better on a 1, but I'm not sure. I just wanted to be sure that it wouldn't be too tight this time! I'll probably start the heel flap pretty soon, since I don't like my socks to be very high.

I have several small balls of this yarn because there were about 5 knots in the skein, so I just broke it at those places and started new balls. The problem with this is... I can't find the other balls and I'm not sure where to look that I haven't already. I think somewhere there's a cast on part of a sock with the needles still in, but not sure where. OH well, one sock at a time and one day at a time, too. It's mainly a project for my mind anyway, a 'keep me knitting' thing.

Speaking of my mind, I'm doing pretty well. I had a really bad week and then I was much better. Now, I'm just tired. That whole 'not sleeping well' thing came back, and I'm trying to get over it. At least now, I mainly just feel physical consequences (stiff neck and catch in my shoulder blade) instead of all emotional consequences of not sleeping right. It makes a big difference. I'm doing much better about keeping a smile on my face, when I think about it, because even if you have to make yourself smile, the physical act of smiling, even if it's fake at first, releases endorphins in you brain that make you feel happier. (I'm pretty sure I spelled that right, but my computer seems to not know the word and I'm MUCH too lazy to find a dictionary at this point, so bear with me if it's wrong.)

Well, I hope all of you are having a good week! Catch ya later. =)

Oh yeah, the yarn is Neapolitan from Sunshine Yarns
No real pattern, just cast on 68 stitches and started knitting (actually 69 and knit the 1st and last stitch together to join, I always do that)

3 comments:

Susan said...

You have such strength- all this frogging! Although sometimes, frogging is freeing. Good for you, at any rate!

Anonymous said...

Maybe you could do a really open lacey scarf, on big needles. Like size 15 needles, cast on 16, k1, yo, k2 tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k2tog, yo, k1. Knit the next row, (or purl). Repeat.

Anonymous said...

Strangely, I like what that sock yarn is doing. I can see it going spirally, spirally, down the leg. But then I like spirals!