Monday, September 24, 2007

I Totally Caved

Caved in to peer pressure. I'm not proud, but I was tired of fighting it. Everyone else is doing it. And somewhere in the distance I hear a voice say, "Well if everyone was jumping off a cliff, would you do it, too?" I guess the answer to that is... "It depends on what's over that cliff." I actually HAVE jumped off a cliff before, into a coldly delicious mountain lake, in the heat of Summer. Also, if you think about it, if EVERYONE was jumping over a cliff, that would include the person asking me the loaded question and if I was the only person on Earth after everyone had jumped off a cliff... how lonely would that be? So I'd probably go ahead and jump. Of course the thing that I caved about this time has nothing to do with cliffs. I couldn't take it anymore, all the chatter and links about Ravelry. I AM determined not to go TOO overboard when I EVENTUALLY get in, but, I would like to be able to see the stuff that people have posted in there. Like when they say, "Check out this FO in Ravelry!" So if only to do that....? I now hear a faint voice saying, "Yeah, RIGHT! You wish you could use it only for that, you'll be a full blown Ravelry Head in no time, dearie."

Well, I don't really have to worry about that any time soon - check out my stats! lol

  • You signed up on Today
  • You are #35649 on the list.
  • 18291 people are ahead of you in line.
  • 1 people are behind you in line.
  • 48% of the list has been invited so far



Yep, over EIGHTEEN THOUSAND fiber fiends ahead of me. That is a pretty big number. I wonder how many are already in there? I wonder what the total number of knitters/crocheters would look like? Just in the time it's taken me to type this, there are now 4 people behind me in line. WOW - I wasn't the last lemming after all. (and before anyone gets all technical with me about lemmings - please don't, I have a headache)

I have no photographic evidence, but I'm quickly getting close to the toe on my second sock. Another interesting development. It seems I no longer dread the heel flap and picking up the gusset stitches. Maybe that means I'm a grown up sock knitter! I had tried to switch to short row heels, but it just doesn't work for my deep foot. Now I need to try the reverse heel flap thing on a toe up sock. But I'll save that endeavor for another time.

Hey! Anyone else excited about Socktoberfest? Yippeee Skippeee! I can't believe this will already be the 3rd one. Sheesh! The very first Socktoberfest spurred me on to knit socks for real, because I was scared to try them. Now they are like the easiest projects ever. I wonder if there are going to be new buttons this year?

....and now there are 8 people behind me in line, hehehehe. The other number isn't going down at the same rate, though!

OH yeah, another nerdy thing I've been doing lately. Watching my stats. I love seeing the different countries that pop up. I was going to post a pic of the breakdown of those stats, but my camera needs a charge. Oh well.

....and now 21! Wow there are lots of us, aren't there?

5 comments:

Robin said...

Oh Boy...wait till you see what all the hype is about! Sucker!!

Tracy said...

I waited a while, too. I've got 10,600 people in front of me. At least I've got a lot of time to get stuff done around here before I get into that big "time suck".

Anonymous said...

ha ha! Its really a great site, you'll have lots of fun. Lets see when I first signed up there were about 9 thousand ahead of me (I think) and I signed up July 9, and got my invite Sept. 21 I think. But I think they are inviting more then they used to at a time.

lobstah said...

Hee hee, I have still resisted Ravelry's siren call! Actually I wish they would just open the damn thing already. I'm very curious to see what it's like.

Anonymous said...

You are going to love it there! I knew you could not resist very long... he he he

I will be looking for you there when it is time and welcome you at the door... :-))

BTW, if you jump, I would jump too... right behind you! :-)))

Love and {{{HUGS}}}