Tuesday, October 28, 2008

FO - 1st Socktoberfest Socks

Didn't I say these would be my only Socktoberfest socks? I was wrong, I started another pair immediately in a nice green color - but you'll have to take my word for it because I didn't take a picture yet. Of course, they probably won't be finished until December or something ridiculous like that, but... that's life in the fast lane these days.

DD absolutely loves these things and I had to tell her to save them for school or she would wear them every second. (which I totally understand, but...) I'll be needing to make her more so she has a better selection.
We already have the yarn for her next pair, though, and it is another very stretchy yarn, so I'm getting plenty of practice with these elasticized sock yarns. Even though they confuse me and I have trouble not bunching the elastic up while I knit.

for once I think the color is spot on

The green sock yarn I'm using for DS the 9 year old's socks is the same as the purple stuff, I should be good at this knitting with stretchy stuff before long. Maybe when I'm done with these next two pairs, I can go back to the stretchy bamboo white sock yarn I tried to knit before and do it better. ? We'll see.

Oh yeah, someone asked me to make them socks the other day, "I'll buy the yarn" she said, and I smiled and shrugged without quite saying "NO waaaay!" I barely have any knitting time left, I don't think I'll be doing anything other than family stuff for... at least the next SEVERAL months. Speaking of knitting, I think I'll get to it.

4 comments:

Patty said...

I don't blame her for trying to wear them out - I LOVE that colours! Can't wait to see the green colour, when you get time!

Chris said...

I don't blame you for just shrugging--I just simply say no I can't--I barely have enough time to knit for my family. Love the socks.

Anonymous said...

Great socks and cute modelling (I love the little band-aid!)
Good job on turning down the commissioned knitting - never a good idea to knit something for someone you don't want to!

midgeling said...

the sock turned out great! I have to be patient when working with that yarn at first. It always feels funny for a bit. What a lucky girl!