Friday, December 4, 2015

2012

Over the last few days I've been updating the blog, moving around the "furniture" and removing old non-working links. As I was going through all my links, I noticed many bloggers seemed to have quit posting regularly very near the same time that I did. I have to wonder what was going on in 2012 that so many of us stopped blogging? Was knit blogging a fad that had run it's course for all but the most dedicated and tenacious writers? Or was it something else? I think perhaps it was Facebook that took my attention off blogging. I noticed another knit-blogger said something about a Farmville induced funk. I was in that boat for a while, too. I also started working like a crazy person at the beginning 2012. It seems to have been a time for big change for many of us.

Transition: The most painful part of labor and delivery.

Most any transition is painful  or at least uncomfortable. After feeling completely stagnant and stuck for so very long, one would think that a bit of change would be a relief. Lots of it WAS a huge relief, but relief and discomfort aren't mutually exclusive. Change can be just a scary as stagnation is frustrating. 

Stagnation has it's own strange comfort to it. Nothing ever changes. You are still. Maybe you starting being still to try to heal. Maybe you just got depressed and stopped to assess. Whatever the case, the stillness turned toxic and you began to ... stew in your own problems.

Once one begins to move and live again, and things begin to change, change itself can take on a whole new life of it's own. Very soon I'll tell you the story of all the change in the last few years. Buckle up, it's a dizzying ride.

No comments: