Monday, March 30, 2009

Out Like a Lamb

We almost had the March/Lion weather, it was down to freezing over the weekend, but it's nice and pretty today. Of course, with one day left, things can always change. btw - I did good on my two big finals 90 and 88 and my average for the whole class is 91! whew! Am I glad this mod is over, it really kicked my caboose - I know it doesn't look that way from those grades, but my quiz average was 74, it was just worth less percentage-wise than the final tests, so the grade came up.

Thanks to Janine I now know the name of the these flowers:

They are Clematis


The blooms last and last, and they close every night, sorta neat. I also caught some late bloomers on the Red Bud tree, trunk blooms, I guess they come later than the branch blooms =)




There are tons of buds on the rose bushes, how many do I have? I think it's 4. 2 miniature and 2 regular sized ones. I replanted one bush, you know how it goes when you first plan your flower garden and you plant something too far back without realizing it. Anyway, it's happy in it's new spot. I didn't photo that one, because I didn't know I was going to talk about it. Here are a couple of the normal sized roses, in the lavender color. They seem to get a little more pink each year, not sure why.



Ah yes, and I can't forget the peas. One certain young boy in my house loves to plant peas, so we/he planted some in January and they are coming along quite nicely. We planted them too late last year and they got baked. It's so interesting how fast flowers change, see how green this is? I looked at it a couple hours later and it was mostly white.



In knitting news, here is the sweater before it got frogged.


It was painful, but I think it's for the best. I'm not sure why I am making a Winter garment just as it's getting warm. Of course it never was that cold this Winter and it'll probably snow in April. That's usually how the weird warm Winters go, they get cold in the Spring

And here is how it looks now, I'm going with just the pink and brown



The other pink was sorta too variegated for my eyes. And now, I'm off to veg out, watch TV and NOT clean my scary house while I knit a knee brace barrier so one of my classmates can wrap her knees when she needs to. She's allergic to latex and can't use an Ace bandage without some sort of barrier. I'm thinking bamboo - I have lots - but I'll dig through my assorted sock yarns too before I totally decide.

I'm starting my internship this week, that should be interesting. I'm a little nervous. I have to do 50 massages in 5 weeks. Hopefully I can get them all in. I'll keep y'all updated. SO glad Clinical is over so so glad!


1 comment:

Chris said...

I am sure you will do great. I love Clematis