Sunday, October 24, 2010

Socks and Suspensibility

On Friday, my sock progress was scarcely any further than my last post. At this point it was time to start the gusset increases. I'm not sure exactly what I was doing while I wasn't knitting, but the socks hadn't grown much. Fortunately for me, my oldest had a doctor's appointment (still sorting through the issues I've mentioned) so I had knitting time there. Another good thing on Friday, was my local girlfriends had organized a knit night, two of us were experienced knitters, one was an intermediate knitter, and everyone else present was a beginner. It was nice.


Nice and lifesaving, since I was strung out to the extreme after trying to get a prescription filled that my insurance needs some special extra special sort of intimate pow-wow with the doctor. (ya KNOW, you would think that the fact that the doctor WROTE the prescription would mean that they had a doctor's authorization for the medicine) By the time I hung up with the last person who had no way of helping me get the thing filled, I had to lock myself in the bathroom and sob. The result of the culmination of frustrations, suspense and fear over the last several weeks. The proverbial straw that broke the camel's back.

SO..... yes, I needed a girl's night with friends, knitting and wine. (there was baseball on the side, as the Rangers secured their slot to go to the World Series for the first time) I worked on the gusset increases Friday while there. Then on Saturday, while waiting for my oldest's next appointment with another sort of doc (the head doc, sort) and hanging out with my sisters and mom, I finished the increases.


Now it's time for the turning of the heel. I'm still not 100% sure which heel I'm going to use from Wendy's Socks from the Toe Up. I'll keep you posted.

As a side note, on Thursday I made an online purchase that brought out the SQUUEEEEEE in me. One whole POUND of my favoritest lace weight yarn, Jagger Spun Silk/Wool in a beaUtiful lilac from Sandra Singh. A POUND! I have a super wonderful project in mind.

But.... that's a story for another post. How is YOUR Soctoberfest going??

1 comment:

Dreams of Yarn said...

YAY for sock progress
BOOO for doctors and insurance
YAY for laceweight love!